Friday, September 4, 2009

Rehearsal at 5:00P.M.

Adkins_Poem
September 4, 2009


Carbondale Illinois. 5:00 P.M.
Lila Adkins
Palms sweating
Sun shining
Music blaring
Laughter from others practicing
Anxiety to just get it over with.
A steady beat of my heart. Rapidly.
Telling myself it can’t be that bad.

Rehearsal at 5:00 P.M.

On my way to rehearsal around 5p.m.
I had a constant heart beat of emotions.
Fear, eagerness, uncertainty.
A constant reminder that it couldn’t be that bad.
On my way to rehearsal around 5p.m.
The sun was shining, all the signs of a great day,
Why am I worried? I stopped and took a minute to remind myself
“Lila, you’ll do fine.”
Yep, that’s right I’ll do fine.
When I walked in to rehearsal at 5p.m.
The music was blaring, no turning back now
This was the last moment of practice.
I stepped on stage, and I owned it.
After rehearsal at 5p.m.
I was fine
After rehearsal at 5p.m
I was ready for the show at 7.p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment