Friday, September 4, 2009

On the way to the strip, 12am

On the way to the strip, 12am

Walking behind Old Town on the way to the strip.
A crowd of drunken homeless hang out there.
They surround us and start asking for money.
I say no but my friend gives them 3 dollars.
I get very frustrated and annoyed,
He is just going to go into Old Town and buy more liquor.
One who is wearing an SIU shirt puts his arm around me
and asks if I would buy him pizza.
I do not welcome him touching me,
it annoys and scares me a little.
Another man demands of me that I buy him pizza.
Even more annoyed and frustrated
I tell him no and I walk off.
My friend feels bad,
and stays for a minute to apologize that we have nothing left to spare.
I reminisce about last year
when I did not have scary drunks demanding money from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment